2008年10月29日 星期三

Miuccia's preference

'I make ugly clothes from ugly materials: simply bad taste. But they end up looking good anyway.’ Miucca Prada said.

Miucca Prada has developed a unique style that skillfully mixes intellectual purity and eccentric elegance, futuristic minimalism and multicultural inspiration. Perhaps better than any other designer, she represents the global aesthetic of the 1900s.Visionary,instinctive,curious,and attuned to rapid changes in dress and society, Prada bases her decisions on a number of clear and basic rules. First all, she believes in experimentation---in materials, lines, mixes of influences, and inspirations. Second, she believes in creating fashion for a clientele without using age as a criterion: ‘age is a non-criterion because it would be limiting.’ Third, her design respond to the concept of ‘conscious modernity’ without adhering to any aesthetic preconceptions, and take risks when the mood strikes---as they are the result of imagination and rationality.

According to Miuccia Prada, being in the forefront is not a choice. ‘I follow my instinct; and even if I question whether what I am doing makes perfect sense to me or others, in reality the important thing is that I thoroughly believe in it.’

沒有留言: