2008年9月27日 星期六

Venice Mask

When I saw these masks at first time, I was totally amazed.
There are big variety of color combinations on them.
Each one of them are so unique and carefully crafted.
People in Vernice wear them to celebrate different carnivals. Now it become a way to attract tourist.


Light colors, pale blue and pale orange, are soft and contrasting.



This one gets many colors that are from nature, fruits. They are mainly warm colors. It is delightful and funny.



The red colors combining with gold here make the mask look valued. This reminds me that traditional Chinese people loves these two colors. They believe that red could bring them good luck. I can't think of any one of celebrations of Chinese(such as wedding, Lunar New Year) does not use red, deco, food and clothing! It is a kind of cultural symbol.



This mask looks scary for me. The blending of green and white reminds me the cabbage. It feels like the cabbage mutating to a human head!

沒有留言: